UNLV Wind Orchestra Non-Negotiables
- Be early, be prepared musically, be warmed up and tuned.
- Come to rehearsal open-minded and ready to learn in ways that you might not yet understand.
- Commit to your musical responsibilities at any/every moment in music rehearsals; know your musical role at all times.
- Know how your principal player is functioning musically, articulative style, timbre, volume/density and expression, and then apply to your own playing.
- Know where the melody and focal material is at all times and protect it by playing within a proper balance with it.
- Respect your colleagues & show ultimate respect to the podium.
- Stay quiet and focused.
- Recognize the musical accomplishments of your colleagues at every rehearsal, be sure to congratulate them when warranted.
- Participate in the learning atmosphere artistically & academically and enjoy the experience of working hard within the arts.
10. Commit to performing beyond the ink—the music lives beyond the ink.