How do I register and pay for classes at SHSU?
Before you visit the SHSU website, be sure you login to your ABC account at www.bandworld.org and make note of the CRNs and the courses you will be taking this summer. You will need these CRNs to register for the correct courses at SHSU. Login to "My ABC Courses" screen, with your ABC user name and password, at this link.
You can also access "My ABC Courses" under "My Account" - upper right of www.bandworld.org website.
If you have any questions, please call or email us. If you are missing any info under "My ABC Courses," please let us know right away.
May 1 Deadline:
It is imperative that all students register for ABC before the May 1st deadline so we can prepare over 120 scores and conducting events for everyone. You will not be allowed to attend ABC if you miss this May 1st deadline. If, for any reason, you can't attend or do not plan on attending ABC this summer, please let us know as soon as possible.
As always, you can double check the ABC 3-YR Checklist to make sure you are on track with ABC/SHSU deadlines.
Below are the step-by-step instructions to register and pay for courses at SHSU. Please follow each step carefully and contact the various departments, as necessary, with questions. You must sign-up for classes at SHSU by May 1. Pay all SHSU fees by their May 30th deadline.
Registration Information (via SHSU):
Here is the information for the ABC students. Students can now register, but they must first activate their computer accounts. Returning students, if you have already activated your Bearkat OneCard, you can skip Step 2.
Steps for ABC Students:
- Computer Account Activation
- This must be done by ALL students, including those returning from last year.
- If you are a new student, you must first be accepted to the Music program in SHSU system before you can activate your account.
- Click this link for activation help: http://www.shsu.edu/dept/graduate-studies/accepted-students.html
- Contact the IT@SAM Service Desk at 936-294-1950 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems activating your account.
- Activate your Bearkat OneCard (This must be done if you have applied for financial aid.)
- Register for Classes
- View your Fee Statement.
- Login to My Sam.
- Click the My Account tab.
- Your fee statement amount is listed in the My Account box.
- Click the Semester Year link to view your detailed fee statement.
- Accept your Financial Aid Packet (if applicable)
- Get more info at SHSU Financial Aid website.
- For help with Financial Aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 936-294-1774 and let them know you are part of the American Band College (SHSU Master's of Arts Degree).
- Make a Payment Online
- Login to My Sam.
- In the Banner Self-Service box, click the Banner Self-Service folder.
- Click the Student folder.
- Click the Student Accounts folder.
- Click Account Summary by Term (Current Term).
- At the bottom of the screen, click Make Current Term Payment.
- Follow the instructions as listed on the screen.
- If you have any questions regarding payments, please contact the Bursar’s Office at 936-294-1083.
- Payments may be made online via credit card (MasterCard, Discover, American Express) and via ACH (electronic check)